Air abrasion is a technique that allows us to remove tooth decay without a drill. Using an instrument similar to a mini-sandblaster, Dr. Luong will spray away particles of decay on the tooth surface. The decay is then “suctioned” away.
Advantages of air abrasion include:
- Generates no heat, sound, pressure, or vibration
- Reduced need of anesthesia
- More of the healthy tooth is left untouched
- Reduced risk of tooth chipping
- The dentist can treat multiple mouth sites in one visit
- Fast, simple procedure
Air abrasion is a safe, effective way to remove surface decay from your teeth. For more information or to schedule your air abrasion appointment today, please give our office a call.